Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer

From: Adriano Lange <adriano(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer
Date: 2009-02-19 01:12:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas escreveu:
> That is pretty cool.
>
> It would help a lot to label the baserels with their names.
>
> You might also want to move the RestrictInfo out of line so that it's
> easier to see where the inner and outer joinpath arrows are going.

Humm. Maybe this is not easy to do in dot command line graph generator.
Perhaps I should to try this in other application. The output generated
by debug is only a text plain description of vertex and edges, without
any information about position or path. See the attached file.

> It would be really sweet if there were some compact way to see the pathkeys.

Several attributes and objects are missing yet, but I will add them.

Thanks,

Adriano Lange
C3SL/UFPR - www.c3sl.ufpr.br

Attachment Content-Type Size
RelOptInfo_graph.dot application/x-crossover-dot 8.6 KB