GIN fast insert

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GIN fast insert
Date: 2009-02-17 19:28:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

we present two variants of GIN fast insert patch, since we're not sure
what is a the best solution:

v0.28.1
- remove disable cost in gincostestimate
- per http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/499466D2.4010808@sigaev.ru
   gingettuple could force cleanup of pending list if it got a lossy tidbitmap.
   If such cleanup occurs the gingettuple will rescan pending list again.

v0.28.2
- remove disable cost in gincostestimate
- per http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/12795.1234379754@sss.pgh.pa.us
   AM can now have only one search method: amgettuple or amgetbitmap.
- GIN now has only amgetbitmap interface
--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Next:From: Brendan JurdDate: 2009-02-17 19:36:52