Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf
Date: 2009-02-13 17:06:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com> wrote:
>> Should I create a patch implementing the PQinitCrypto idea?
>
> I think that would be helpful. Seeing the code will give everyone a
> better idea of exactly what the proposed change is and whether it's
> acceptable.
>
> ...Robert

Patch attached.

One thing I noticed is the ssl_open_connections variable is ref counting
connections when pq_initssllib is true. But, it now only affects crypto
library init and cleanup calls. Point is, ref counting is only needed
if pq_initcryptolib is true and it should be renamed to
crypto_open_connections. I didn't do this in the patch. Its the same
old name and the counter is incremented if pq_initssllib or
pq_initcryptolib is true. Please advise.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

Attachment Content-Type Size