"Existing installation" when there should be none

From: "Wm(dot)A(dot)Stafford" <stafford(at)marine(dot)rutgers(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Existing installation" when there should be none
Date: 2009-02-11 22:38:50
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm trying to install PostgreSQL on a WindowsXP machine that once had a
PostgreSQL 8.3 installation.  As far as I could tell the original
installation was removed, there is no PostgreSQL directory and nothing
that looks like a Postgres file.  However, when I try to do an install I
get a popup with the message:
An existing PostgreSQL installation has been found at
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3.  This installation will be
upgraded.

There is no such directory.  PostgreSQL8.3 does not show up on the
currently installed programs list.

Do I need to do some sort of PostgreSQL specific uninstall?

-=beeky

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Serge FonvilleDate: 2009-02-12 07:45:08
Previous:From: Nico CallewaertDate: 2009-02-10 15:50:54
Subject: Re: Cluster / Tablespace ?