Re: HP-UX 11 + GCC + --with-CXX = pain

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Louis Bertrand" <louis(dot)bertrand(at)datawire(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HP-UX 11 + GCC + --with-CXX = pain
Date: 2001-05-11 15:40:11
Lists: pgsql-ports
"Louis Bertrand" <louis(dot)bertrand(at)datawire(dot)net> writes:
> For some reason, I can't seem to find the STL header for the
> string class. I'm not sure it's installed correctly so I will
> check with HP in the morning...

Looks to me like gcc can't find it either.

On my HPUX 10.20 installation of gcc 2.95.3, <string> is installed as
	/usr/local/include/g++-3/string
and this directory is searched automatically by g++.  However, I built
and installed gcc from source.  My guess is that something is bollixed
up in your gcc installation.  The Porting Archive folks tend to like to
rearrange the directory setup of packages they port (they want
everything under /opt instead of /usr/local), and I suspect they missed
a needed change somewhere in the gcc 2.95.3 distribution.