Tsearch2 Trigger Problem: pg_catalog.simple does not exist

From: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tsearch2 Trigger Problem: pg_catalog.simple does not exist
Date: 2009-02-11 14:29:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am in the process of updating a database from 8.2 to 8.3 and need a
little help with the tsearch2 update.

Prior to restoring my 8.3 backup, I ran the tsearch2.sql on the new
database, however I am having a little problem with triggers - when I
run an update on a table I get the following error:

Error: column "pg_catalog.simple" does not exist
SQL state: 42703.

I am fairly sure that the errors are down to the trigger, which is
defined as follows:

create trigger fts_trigger
before insert or update
on mytable
for each row
execute procedure tsearch2('fts','column1','column2');

N.B, the following queries work fine.
select to_tsquery('pg_catalog.simple','curious');
select to_tsquery('curious');

What am I missing?

Thanks

Howard