Re: Server memory exhausted on ODBC 8.3.0400

From: alepaes - aldeia digital <alepaes(at)aldeiadigital(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server memory exhausted on ODBC 8.3.0400
Date: 2009-02-09 12:24:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi,

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> alepaes - aldeia digital wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last weekend, I update 2 customers servers with the latest Postgresql
>> 8.3.5 vrsion. The databases in each customer have +/- 50GB  of data.
>>
>> I changed some ODBCs versions in clients machines from 7.3.0208 to
>> 8.3.0400.
>> In this machines, when I run some reports (thats run million of small
>> queries), the Postgresql server crashes because this processes use all
>> physical and swap memory in the server.
>>
>> If I disable both 'Use declare/fetch' and 'Updatable Cursor', the
>> error does not occurs. I don't need the 'Updatable Cursors', but the
>> 'Use Declare Fetch' is crucial to me.
>> In ODBC 7.3.0208, with this option enabled, the error doesn't occurs.
>
> Does your code close the statements used in the applications?

Basically, the program starts with a BEGIN and make a lot of simple
SELECT queries and some insert and update queries. After this we have a
COMMIT. Very simple.
Like I sad, If I disable "Use declare" and "Updatable", the error does
not occurs. If I enable one of this, the error occurs. I test in some
other heavy applications and the error persists. If I run this in an
older ODBC driver, everything if fine.

Regards,

Alexandre