Re: White paper on very big databases

From: Grant Allen <gxallen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: White paper on very big databases
Date: 2009-02-05 03:21:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

If you're willing to consider hybrids/hacked versions based on PostgreSQL, then look at Aaron Harsh's presentation about Rentrak's TV ad viewing/media monitoring database ... search Youtube on those names and it'll come up as first hit (called "Is your RDBMS letting you down?"). Their DB is petabyte scale, but it is a heavily modified version of pg.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Dazed and confused about technology for 20 years
http://fuzzydata.wordpress.com/