Re: [pgsql-www] where can I get the new logo in bigger size?

From: "damien(at)dalibo(dot)info" <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] where can I get the new logo in bigger size?
Date: 2009-02-04 22:26:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Gavin M. Roy a écrit :
> Thanks for the change, however I believe it should either be dropped,
> since it is user group specific.
> If you're keen on keeping it, I'd suggest something along the lines of:
>
> "The Japan PostgreSQL Users Group's logo is a turtle."
>
> and if you add that then you should add
>
> "The Italian PostgreSQL Users Group uses a cartoon elephant with an
> Italian flag." (see itpug.org)
> and go down the list.
>
> I know the France Users Group has a different logo as well, the normal
> logo with a sort of multi-color circle around it:
> http://www.postgresql.fr/

Yep the multi-color circle is the logo of the International Organization
of the Francophonie (i.e. french speaking community)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francophonie

You might find it on other french-speaking open source groups such as
Gnome-FR : http://media.biologeek.com/images/logos/gnome-fr.png

I think the propaganda page shouldn't talk about local group logos.
concerning the turtle i thought that in Japan it is actually used
instead of the elephant , it's not the logo of the japanses community in
itself. So i told made myself that was more an "alternate" logo rather
than a community logo, but i recognize the differennce is very subtile :-)

I didn't knew about the advocacy page on the wiki when i started this
thread. Now i guess some parts of my messages might have been a bit
disrespectful to the people that worked on this page. I'm sorry for that.

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com