Re: pgAdmin3 port to MacOsX

From: Adam H(dot)Pendleton <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: "Stefan Csomor" <csomor(at)advancedconcepts(dot)ch>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 port to MacOsX
Date: 2003-09-14 14:32:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I think the first hurdle with pgAdmin3 on the Mac platform isn't
wxWindows related, but rather that Mac OS X doesn't have unicode
support (at least not in the traditional sense). This means that
wxWindows doesn't support Unicode on the Mac. Whether wxWindows can be
made to support Uncode is a question Stefan will have to answer, but as
far as I can tell the answer is probably no. What does this leave us
in terms of Mac options. Do we want to support a Mac platform without
Unicode? If so, it will probably require a bunch of #ifdef's and
Mac-specific code inside pgAdmin3 to do so.

In any event, I am more than willing to donate my time to do any work
that is necessary, as soon as we have some kind of consensus as to the
direction of the port. Also, if I am wrong about the Unicode thing,
let me know what I need to do to get it to work.

ahp