Locations of meetings

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Locations of meetings
Date: 2009-01-30 19:59:21
Lists: sfpug
All,

In the past, it's been our policy to try to rotate meetings among San
Francisco, the South Bay, and the East Bay.  I'm not sure it makes sense
to continue this practice.

Attendence at events in SF for the last 2 years has consistently been 3x
the attendence of events in other locations.  Further, we have several
good venues in San Francisco, and SOMA is accessible to BART and Caltrain.

I would like to experiment with having *one* meeting at a location in
the Deep South Bay (Sunnyvale, Cupertino, etc.), but that would require
having a speaker in that area ... something we've been unable (to date)
to find.

If we stopped having meetings outside of San Francisco, who on this list
would be unable to attend SFPUG again?

--Josh Berkus

sfpug by date