Gregory Stark wrote:
> So, what do people say? Is Postgres perfect in your world or does it do some
> things which rub you the wrong way?
* No offer of anything-but-CVS on pgfoundry.org
* Lack of REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
* Too many obscure configuration options: memory management, autovacuum
management, freespace map, background writer, WAL.
* Writing robust scripts with psql is difficult and bizarre.
* Default postgresql.conf is too long and verbose.
* Default logging configuration is too minimal.
* Difficult to trace nested things, e.g., nested PL/pgSQL calls,
cascaded foreign key actions.
* No basic health checking: Answering the question, "Is this system
configured reasonably and running smoothly" takes two days of training
and half a day of work.
* Too much accumulated historical garbage that is never cleared out.
In response to
pgsql-general by date
|Next:||From: Daniel Verite||Date: 2009-01-30 13:32:00|
|Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?|
|Previous:||From: Sean Davis||Date: 2009-01-30 13:02:20|