Re: Server Status window work

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-01-29 22:40:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I have now four sliders, four preferences... but only one timer.
>>> It's probably too late for me to think about it. Anyways, four timers
>>> seem better. It would allow us to refresh each visible tab if one splits
>>> the notebook (windows and mac only right now).
>>>
>>> Any better ideas?
>> Nope - I think 4 timers is essential.
>>

> I didn't get any better ideas myself... so I'll go with four timers.
>
>>> And is there something missing in this new patch?
>> Do you mind if I review it again when the timer changes are done? I'm
>> pretty busy preparing for 8.3.6 this week, as well as doing some
>> urgent infrastructure work.
>>

> No problem at all. I don't want to waste your time with this patch
> version. I really prefer you check next one.

So here is the next one. I fixed a few issues, added some more comments,
moved some code to get something easy to read, and used the four timers.
It seems to be working right on my laptop. I did a quick check on
Windows and it was working all right too.

I did get a segmentation fault once when doing this: I launched pgAdmin,
opened a query window and the server status, then closed the query
window and... kaboom. Segmentation fault. I'm not able to reproduce
this. Perhaps I forgot one step.

So, please, check this patch carefully. I'll continue to test it.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org