Re: [pgsql-www] where can I get the new logo in bigger size?

From: "damien(at)dalibo(dot)info" <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <Susanne(dot)Ebrecht(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] where can I get the new logo in bigger size?
Date: 2009-01-29 19:57:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> since more then a year now we have a new logo. So I wanted to use it
> instead of the old one for the Fosdem. I looked at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda
>
> But the blue elephant logo that you will get there is just 32x32.
>
> When you follow the link to pgfoundry you will find an archives but
> there you only will get the old elephant logo.
>
> I tried resizing the psd but it already looked horrible in 256x256.
>
> I need 512x512 or bigger. Is there a chance to get such a logo?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Susanne

hi Susanne,

You can find an SVG version here :
http://svn.postgresql.fr/repos/materials/advocacy/trunk/logos/postgresql/Postgresql_elephant.monochrome.white.svg

Using Inkscape you can export the logo to the size and file format that
you want.

I agree with you that the pgfoundry project is very confusing because
it's hard to find what you really need. The paradox is that the page
containing the graphic documents is not visually appealling :-)

check it out --> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089

Maybe we could start a page on the wiki dedicated to propaganda. That
page would display all the official images rather than just a listing
their URL.

Does anyone agree with that or am i the only one to think that it's hard
to make proper propaganda for PostgreSQL ? ;-)

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com