Re: 8.4 release planning

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.4 release planning
Date: 2009-01-27 06:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, time for me to chime in.
> I think the outstanding commit-fest items can be broken down into four
> sections:
> 	o  Log streaming
> 	o  Hot standby
> 	o  SE-PostgreSQL
> 	o  Others

  - snip -

> SE-PostgreSQL has been in steady development for a year so this is the
> time to decide about it.  My feeling is if we don't accept it now, we
> are never going to have SE-Linux or row-level security.  The next week
> should show us the right direction when we start discussion on
> Wednesday, noon GMT.

This conditional punishment of death seems to me not a reasonable one.
If we can found a matter as a result of discussion, which is impossible
to fix within reasonable term, I'll agree it being postponed to v8.5.
However, why is the punishment of death necessary here?

OSS Platform Development Division, NEC