Re: 8.4 release planning

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.4 release planning
Date: 2009-01-27 06:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, time for me to chime in.
>
> I think the outstanding commit-fest items can be broken down into four
> sections:
>
> 	o  Log streaming
> 	o  Hot standby
> 	o  SE-PostgreSQL
> 	o  Others

  - snip -

> SE-PostgreSQL has been in steady development for a year so this is the
> time to decide about it.  My feeling is if we don't accept it now, we
> are never going to have SE-Linux or row-level security.  The next week
> should show us the right direction when we start discussion on
> Wednesday, noon GMT.

Hmm...?
This conditional punishment of death seems to me not a reasonable one.
If we can found a matter as a result of discussion, which is impossible
to fix within reasonable term, I'll agree it being postponed to v8.5.
However, why is the punishment of death necessary here?

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC