Re: PHP 5.8 -> Postgres on Win2003

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: PostgreSQLPHP <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP 5.8 -> Postgres on Win2003
Date: 2009-01-21 23:11:15
Lists: pgsql-php
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 21/01/2009 21:45, Chris wrote:
>
>> You haven't got the pgsql extension loaded. You'll need to copy your
>> changes from the 5.1.4 php.ini file to the 5.2.8 php.ini (and restart
>> the webserver if applicable).
>
> Chris, thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I thought of... I
> did in fact copy the entire php.ini file from the old installation to
> the new one, and double-checked that the line "extension=php_pgsql.ini"
> was uncommented.

An extension will either be a .so or .dll won't it? Or will this syntax
include an external file ? (I've never seen it used so I don't know what
it does). If it's an extra file, did you copy it? :)

> The new installation is also in the same place as the old one, so the
> registry key to tell PHP where to find php.ini didn't have to be changed.
>
> I'm really puzzled by this one.

Anything in the logs about being unable to locate extensions?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/