Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?

From: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2(at)obviously(dot)com>
To: sql pgsql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Erik Jones <ejones(at)engineyard(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?
Date: 2009-01-20 19:27:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

It is not the db that's never used. Various tables in the db are never
used. This is a database that's been continually added to and modified
for ten years -- sometimes cruft accumulates.

It would be nice to get pg_dump activity out of the stats for another
reason --- pg_dump adds to the sequential scan activity, in a way that
does not represent the "typical" use of the database. Essentially
pg_dump is an atypical user of the database, so it's stats are
"different" than the rest of the activity.