Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN
Date: 2009-01-19 18:41:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> gin_numeric_cmp() can be called from regular SQL. I missed this before,
> but that function will segfault if you call gin_numeric_cmp(NULL, 1) (in
> v0.7 at least).

Fixed, gin_numeric_cmp is marked as strict.

> And how does GIN handle SQL NULL values in the column? Does it index
> them at all, or just ignore them?
SQL NULL: GIN doesn't support it (amindexnulls/amsearchnulls == false)
C NULL: NULL-numeric could be returned only by gin_extract_query_numeric which
cannot be called by user directly because of internal type of argument.
GIN doesn't do anything with values returned by gin_extract_query_numeric except
providing they as an argument for comparing functions.
--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/