Re: Installing dblink

From: Andreas Wenk <a(dot)wenk(at)netzmeister-st-pauli(dot)de>
To: "Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S(dot) Baluyos" <ridvan(at)baluyos(dot)net>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing dblink
Date: 2009-01-19 12:25:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm currently having a problem. I cannot call the dblink_connect
> function of postgres.
>
> pos=# select dblink_connect('dbname=postgres');
> ERROR:  function dblink_connect("unknown") does not exist
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
> need to add explicit type casts.
> pos=#
>
> I've read this in the archives though but i still can't find the
> contrib-package he is talking about:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2006-02/msg00311.php

Which OS are you running? If you are running a Debian based Linux try:

$ apt-cache search postgresql

You will find a package called
postgresql-contrib - additional facilities for PostgreSQL (latest version)

$ apt-get install postgresql-contrib

installs the package. After that you should be able to use dblink like
A. Kretschmer was writing.

> My postgres version is 8.1.8

Hint: you should upgrade to version 8.3. postgresql-contrib package is
always for the latest version which is 8.3 on Debian Lenny.

Cheers

Andy

--
Andreas Wenk

St.Pauli - Hamburg - Germany

--
Netzmeister St.Pauli

St.Pauli - Hamburg - Germany

Andreas Wenk

Lutterothstr 82
20255 Hamburg

Tel.: +49 (0) 40 319 43 54

http://www.netzmeister-st-pauli.de
mailto:a(dot)wenk(at)netzmeister-st-pauli(dot)de