Re: PGCon brand

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, melanie(at)dunslane(dot)net, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGCon brand
Date: 2009-01-11 20:15:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

All,

Personally, I only see one real problem of brand confusion with pgCon,
and that's pgCon.us. I don't think that JD really wants to be confused
with Dan, or vice-versa, so using the same name is counterproductive.

Nobody is going to think that pgCon.BR has anything to do with Dan
Langille, but if East started being called pgCon.US East it could cause
some serious confusion for sponsors, attendees and speakers. So I think
it benefits *both* conferences to use distinctively different names.

--Josh