unexpected EOF on client connection

From: jing han <jing_han_66(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unexpected EOF on client connection
Date: 2007-05-24 12:46:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

We move from postgresql 7.3.2 to 8.1.8. I meet some problems with postgresql 8.1.8.

We are using the same code as what we used on postgresql 7.3.2,  but we didn't meet the same problem with 7.3.2. (Our code is in C/C++ using postgresql c interface, OS is fedora core 6)

We have some processes keep querying database all the time, I found that when I issue "killall postmaster", I get the following log messages in linux console:

LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection (for 8.1.8)

but I didn't get the above log message with 7.3.2.

Another problem is: my processes crashes sometimes because of "unexpected EOF on client connection", but this never happen to my processes when they were running on 7.3.2.

One more problem is: sometimes after I killall postmaster, I restart postmaster, I got "connection to database 'dbname' failed" (not always), but I never get into this situation when I use postgres 7.3.2

Can you tell me what I could to do to fix my problem?

By the way, I found that postgresql 8.1.8 always log messages to console not to a file, but 7.3.2 log its messages to /var/log/messages file.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
jing

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: jing hanDate: 2007-05-24 15:28:06