Re: Need suggestion for showing boolean parameters on Property Dialogs

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need suggestion for showing boolean parameters on Property Dialogs
Date: 2009-01-10 08:01:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please see below:

Dave Page wrote:
>> we have now good number of boolean
>> parameters in the properties.
>>
>> And, now we're lack of space.
>> We can't go all the time to increase the size of the dialog.
>> We need some mechanism to saw these kind of parameters to utilize the space
>> properly.
>
> Hi Ashesh,
>
> For some reason the image isn't displaying here - but what about using
> a wxCheckListBox?
>
> http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxchecklistbox.html#wxchecklistbox
I already started working with wxCheckListBox.

But, then realized, we may need to disable some parameters for particular
version of the Postgresql. I couldn't find anything like this in the
documents. :(
We may need to inherit that control and our own dray feature. I don't
think, it is
worth put that much efforts.

What do you say?

Please find the image for the screen-shot.
--
Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com