Re: Command Triggers, patch v11

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Date: 2012-02-28 15:03:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> Well the problem is that you can add commands to a trigger en masse,
> but you can only remove them one at a time.  Couldn't we at least
> allow the removal of multiple commands at the same time?  The docs you
> wrote suggest you can do this, but you can't.

This seems over-complicated.  Triggers on tables do not have alterable
properties, why should command triggers?  I vote for

	CREATE COMMAND TRIGGER name ... properties ...;

	DROP COMMAND TRIGGER name;

full stop.  If you want to run the same trigger function on some more
commands, add another trigger name.