Re: Optimization support

From: David Gardner <david(at)gardnerit(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimization support
Date: 2009-01-04 06:44:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

As an addition to that, I would recommend pgadmin3's graphical explain
tool, the diagrams it generates are (in my opinion) fantastic and help
me quickly spot problems in my schema/query.

Also take a look at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/kernel-resources.html

in regards to SHMMAX in Linux you should be able to check your current
setting by doing:
cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax

Did you vacuum and analyze the database tables?

--
David Gardner