Re: new libpq SSL connection option

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new libpq SSL connection option
Date: 2009-01-02 14:23:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Also, it looks like we have the same problem with the private key, in
> client_cert_cb(), agreed?
>

> //Magnus

Yeah, same issue in that function. I missed that. My grep'n was
obviously brain dead.

It almost feels like there should be some util functions like
get_sslrootcert(conn, path_buf, buf_size) for each of the SSL files.
Isolate the logic behind a function with a success or failure return
value. It would probably make the current code easier to read/follow.
Only downside is that pqGetHomeDirectory would be called twice in some
cases, but I really don't think that makes any noticeable performance
difference.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC