Re: Including kerberos realm

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Including kerberos realm
Date: 2009-01-02 13:34:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Here's the patch allowing for the parameter include_realm on
>> pg_hba.conf, that makes the authentication system pass the user(at)realm
>> format username to the identmap, instead of stripping the realm.
>
> Not that this affects me in any way, but should there be a GUC variable
> to set the default behavior system-wide?

I thought about that, but I don't want to add extra gucs without a good
reason. You'd typically not have very many different lines in pg_hba for
this, and just duplicating the parameter there would be ok I think.

I'd rather move more of the krb parameters to be *just* in pg_hba.conf,
but for now I left those in postgresql.conf as fallbacks..

//Magnus