Patch: New Plan Node Type support in pg 8.4

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch: New Plan Node Type support in pg 8.4
Date: 2009-01-01 10:18:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All,

Description of the problem on which, I was working on:
* New plan node types. There are some new node types in 8.4.
The graphical explain tool needs to learn about these, plus
we need new icons for them.
The new plan nodes are:
- Recursive Union
- Nested Loop Semi Join
- Nested Loop Anti Join
- Merge Semi Join
- Merge Anti Join
- Hash Semi Join
- Hash Anti Join
- CTE Scan
- WorkTable Scan
- HashSetOp Intersect
- HashSetOp Intersect All
- HashSetOp Except
- HashSetOp Except All
- HashSetOp ???
- WindowAgg

Please find the patch for that.
I have tried to draw icons for these node-types, but I find myself
a very bad artist. :p

I have also attached the queries, which I have used to test this.

--
Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
NewPlans.sql text/x-sql 2.6 KB
WindowFunctions.sql text/x-sql 4.7 KB
NewExplainPlanNodes.patch text/x-patch 7.3 KB