Re: Load Image File From PostgreSQL DB

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(dot)tuskenis(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Load Image File From PostgreSQL DB
Date: 2008-12-30 16:06:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, Albe

In the article you provided it is said that "The return value is the OID
that was assigned to the new large object..." (function Oid
lo_creat(PGconn *conn, int mode);). That means that not the large object
is stored in OID field - its just the reference to it.
Any way I find it much easier to get a relatively small blob in a result
set and not directly using lo_read function, because in delphi zeos
components does work with libpq, so theres no need to bypass them?

Julius Tuskenis