Re: Allow vacuumdb to only analyze

From: decibel <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: decibel <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allow vacuumdb to only analyze
Date: 2009-05-29 23:44:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On May 27, 2009, at 11:31 AM, decibel wrote:
>> It does seem somewhat useful to be able to analyze all databases
>> easily from the command-line, but putting it into vacuumdb is
>> certainly a hack.
> So... do we want a completely separate analyzedb command? That
> seems like far overkill.
> Arguably there are yet other things you'd want to do across an
> entire cluster, so perhaps what we really want is a 'clusterrun' or
> 'clustercmd' command?

No one else has commented, so I'm guessing that means no one is
opposed to allowing for vacuumdb to just analyze. If anyone else
objects to this please speak up before I put the final touches on the
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel(at)decibel(dot)org
Give your computer some brain candy! Team #1828