Re: You might need to add explicit type casts.

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: kulmacet101(at)kulmacet(dot)com
Cc: Andrew McMillan <andrew(at)morphoss(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: You might need to add explicit type casts.
Date: 2008-12-29 11:21:24
Lists: pgsql-php

On 29/12/2008 04:17, kulmacet101(at)kulmacet(dot)com wrote:

> I also found that the WHERE statements were not properly quoted, a 101
> mistake.
>
> WHERE id = 469 => WHERE id = '469'

Yes, this commonly bites people moving from earlier versions of
PostgreSQL to 8.3 - a lot of automatic casts have been removed. The
original error message suggests that this was your problem all along.

I'm curious as to why you've defined the "id" column as VARCHAR when you
seem to expect it to hold integers....unless of course there will be
non-numeric characters there also?

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie