Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Problem with "File Browser" link on downloads page

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Problem with "File Browser" link on downloads page
Date: 2008-12-27 16:23:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Ian Barwick wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the right place for this, if you go to the bottom
> of the page http://www.postgresql.org/download/ and click on the link
> "download mirrors", it leads to
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp, where clicking
> on any of the links under the flags results in an error message
> "Invalid character in filename ()".
>
> Had me confused for a few minutes until the caffeine kicked in.

[redirected to -www where it belongs]

That'd be my fault as well.

Is there any actual point to doing this, over using the file browser? I
didn't even realize we had this link there, so I broke it when I rewrote
the redirector in a way that it doesn't support directories anymore :-S

There are two easy fixes:

1) remove the link :-) If there's no actual point to it. But I assume
you choose the link for a reason?

2) update redirector to support a redirect for the *root directory*

I think #2 is easy to do, so I'll go look at that for now.

But there's also the question - do we have links elsewhere, or need for
links elsewhere, that link to subdirectories - not files, and not root -
that don't go through our file browser?

//Magnus