Re: need some help with pl-pgsql

From: justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: need some help with pl-pgsql
Date: 2008-12-24 04:56:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2008 3:36:46 pm Adrian Klaver wrote:
>

>> Hmmm. A couple of suggestions while I ponder this more. For clarity sake
>> decide on a case scheme. I start getting twitchy when I see pwoid and pWoid
>> refer to the same thing. This depends on case folding being consistent, not
>> something I like to count on. Second you might want to put in a few RAISE
>> NOTICE statements to see what values are being pulled from the db for
>> wo_wipvalue and wo_qtyord and what is being supplied to the WHERE clause
>> for pWoid.
>>
>> Adrian Klaver
>> aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net
>>

> SELECT postInvTrans( itemsite_id,
> 'RM',
> _parentQty,
> 'W/O',
> 'WO',
> _woNumber,
> '',
> 'Receive Inventory from Manufacturing',
> costcat_asset_accnt_id,
> costcat_wip_accnt_id,
> _itemlocSeries,
> true,
> _TotalCost,
> pDate::timestamp ) INTO _invhistid
>
> Potential issue. I don't see where _invhistid is declared.

its declared. i noticed this function has more variables declared than
it ever used so i removed them when posting to the list. I did not
want anymore confusion so I removed one to many sorry.

This function was completely rewritten several months ago along with a
allot of other functions so there still allot of clean up to do making
notes and removing stuff that does not need to be in the function.

I just can't figure out why in this function it can't find the record.

This malfunctioning function is called by ForceCloseWo() which goes
through the work order completing any outstanding operations, and
issuing material so it has to find the record first or it will fail out
right. Once all material and operations are marked completed it then
calls PostProduction() which moves the items out of WIP tables put the
items into Inventory and does all the accounting stuff. So i really
can't figure out what it is doing???

Now On the mixed case. i come from the Xbase languages specifically
Foxpro which is case insensitive and a typeless language so i have a few
really bad habits. I try to get every thing to match but sometimes
screw up.