Re: encoding cleanups in cvs repo

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: encoding cleanups in cvs repo
Date: 2008-12-23 08:56:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> I have cleaned up a couple of badly broken encodings in cvs commit
>> messages in:
>
>> src/backend/utils/error/Attic/exc.c,v
>
> Out of curiosity ... what problems exactly? I just looked through my
> last complete dump of CVS log history and didn't see anything funny
> in the messages for exc.c ...

***************
*** 1337,1344 ****
log
@Avoiding
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
! exc.c: In function ^ExcRaise':
! exc.c:186: warning: passing arg 1 of ^Longjmp' from incompatible
pointer type
gmake[3]: *** [exc.o] Error 1

Now we have:
--- 1337,1344 ----
log
@Avoiding
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
! exc.c: In function 'ExcRaise':
! exc.c:186: warning: passing arg 1 of 'Longjmp' from incompatible
pointer type
gmake[3]: *** [exc.o] Error 1

That's the output from diff, which also doesn't properly recognise the
character, but it should give you a pointer where it is. (It's not just
the ^ character, that's what diff shows me for something else, obviously)

I think it's a "backtick" in some encoding.

//Magnus