Re: Turkish downcasting in PL/pgSQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: ntufar <ntufar(at)pisem(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, devrim(at)tdmsoft(dot)com
Subject: Re: Turkish downcasting in PL/pgSQL
Date: 2004-08-14 15:21:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

> You'd have to set LC_ALL=C to be really sure to override everything.
> But I would stay away from doing that globally, because all the
> translation work in gcc and make would go to waste.

Agreed. I was toying with changing the FLEX variable to contain
"LC_ALL=C flex" but I'm a bit worried about breaking the build on
some platforms (especially Windows).

> I would also suggest that Nicolai report this issue to the flex
> developers. It's only bound to reappear everywhere case-insensitive
> flex scanners are used.

True. Maybe we should just call it a flex bug and wait for them to
fix it. It's not going to affect builds from tarballs anyway, only
people who build from CVS.