Re: suggestion

From: "Jan Cruz" <malebug(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: suggestion
Date: 2006-02-23 23:58:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/24/06, Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com> wrote:

> Have you looked at the --schema-only flag?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-pgdump.html
>
> If this doesn't do what you want, can you give a bit more
> explanation? Also, what are you trying to do with this dump file?
>
> Michael Glaesemann
> grzm myrealbox com

--schema-only flag is the equivalence of -s

I also want an option that would exclude "CREATE INDEX " whenever
a schema is being dump

The reason for this is that whenever I tried to migrate database
whenever I restore a schema with indexes and then
restore the data separately it took more or less 24 hours instead of
the usual 1 hour more or less.

For example let say I want to use this particular schema from the test
server
since the stored functions and/or views are already updated

and then my data would come from the production server which has a different

version of postgres and the schema (particularly the stored functions/views)
that
would is already deprecated from the test server.

So I just need to dump the schema from the test server without the indexes
and restore the new schema to a new database/server and restore the dump
from the production server to the new database/server.

I hope I explain my side properly