Re: spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance

From: Liraz Siri <liraz(at)turnkeylinux(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, turnkey-discuss(at)lists(dot)turnkeylinux(dot)org
Subject: Re: spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance
Date: 2008-12-10 00:49:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Cool, thanks for building this.

Thanks for the encouragement!

> Is turnkey linkx distro completely open source? I'm not quite clear from
> the description.

Yes, TurnKey Linux is a completely opensource project. Appliances are
assembled from unmodified Ubuntu binaries, except for minor exceptions,
which are marked in the package management system, documented on the
development wiki and for which full source is available. See our website
for more information.

> On our Downloads page, we list alternate sources of installation for
> PostgreSQL, which would be an appropriate place. You should also submit
> something to the PostgreSQL News:
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/about/submitnews
> (requires you to create a community login)

I'll do that thanks!

> I'll also check it out to see if this distro would work for our USB keys
> for conferences.

Sounds great, tell us if it works!

Cheers,
Liraz