Re: text type handling

From: "Ken Boss" <Ken(dot)Boss(at)dnr(dot)state(dot)mn(dot)us>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: text type handling
Date: 2008-12-03 14:43:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Thanks much for your response, Kris.  I have been able to make things work for my purposes by applying the patch suggested by Daniel Migowski in the thread referenced below.  I tried to implement your suggestion as well, but know only enough to be dangerous.  Returning Integer.MAX_VALUE from the Oid.TEXT case in the getPrecision method of had no discernible effect - I must have been coding in the wrong place.  At any rate, I will look forward to that fix in the next release.

Thanks again,

>>> On 12/2/2008 at 4:40 PM, in message
<Pine(dot)BSO(dot)4(dot)64(dot)0812021736080(dot)1073(at)leary(dot)csoft(dot)net>, Kris Jurka