Re: Meeting next week on THURSDAY

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting next week on THURSDAY
Date: 2008-12-02 21:48:13
Lists: austinpug
I hope everyone can make it on Thursday. I will be showing some cool
demos with DTrace & Postgres, including a full-stack introspection from
JavaScript -> PHP -> Apache -> Postgres -> OS. If you ever have to debug
perf problem whether at application or system level, you'll definitely
appreciate the power of DTrace.  It can be used to trace execution &
identify perf bottlenecks of most of the dynamic scripting languages
(e.g. PHP, Python, Ruby, etc), and the good thing is that it has been
ported to Mac OS, FreeBSD, and soon Linux (work in progress). If you
haven't had a chance to check out DTrace, you have to see it to believe
it :-)

-Robert