Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new
Date: 2008-11-28 18:33:54
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> See attached patch which takes out the parts of fnmatch that we're not
>> interested in, and puts it directly in fe-secure.c. Obviously, if we go
>> down that way, we can remove fnmatch.c from port again :-)
>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Generally +1, but a couple of comments:
>
> * This seems to be still mostly NetBSD code, so I think you need to do
> more than just credit them in an aside. Should we repeat the full
> NetBSD copyright notice for this one function?

Do you mean the
* Copyright (c) 1989, 1993, 1994
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
*
* This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by
* Guido van Rossum.

part, or the whole licence? Since the licence is the same as ours, doing
that seems like overkill.

> * This is still making unjustified assumptions about the behavior of
> tolower/toupper. I think you probably want ASCII-only case folding,
> ie use pg_toupper/pg_tolower. If it actually should be locale aware
> then it's still wrong because it won't work in multibyte encodings.
> Also you forgot the de rigueur (unsigned char) casts for ctype.h calls.

Will fix.

//Magnus