problems with special characters

From: Karina Guardado <kguardado(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems with special characters
Date: 2008-11-26 20:36:24
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi list,

I have a problem I have created a database with encoding SQL_ASCII and
when I insert the data using a terminal in linux and insert the data for
example
Insert into mytable values(1,'Eléctrico'); it works fine but if I try to
copy this data from a text file doing \copy mytable from textfile, it
insert the data but instead of é writes a ? and I don't have any idea
how to copy the data without this problem.

I really appreciate your help.

thanks

karina

pgsql-general by date