Re: autovacuum and reloptions

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum and reloptions
Date: 2008-11-21 05:23:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Euler Taveira de Oliveira escreveu:

> [Sorry for the delay. I'm preparing the final patch and in a day or so
> I'll post it.]

Here is the patch that replace pg_autovaccum catalog with reloptions. I
refactored the reloptions.c to support multiple parameters and made the
action of adding a new option an easy task. I'm testing it yet, so don't
expect it to work properly. I'll prepare docs as soon as I finish the
tests. Do i have to prepare some regression tests?

I don't provide a pg_autovacuum view as suggested by Itagari-san [1] but
if others agree that we need it, I will work on it. I don't if we need a
function (wrapper around getRelOption()) to get an option from
reloptions array.

I add an ugly-hack to \d+ foo. IMHO, it'll be good to know what options
are used by table/index foo (we already do it for oids) but I'm not
happy with my suggestion.

I move RelationGet*() functions from rel.h. That's because we need some
knowledge that's only in reloptions.c (getRelOptions). But I want to
avoid including reloptions.h at some files.

Comments?

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-11/msg00830.php

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
relopt27.diff.gz application/x-gzip 15.1 KB