Re: PATCH for CREATE DATABASE with COLLATE, CTYPE & CONNECTION LIMIT

From: Ashesh D Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH for CREATE DATABASE with COLLATE, CTYPE & CONNECTION LIMIT
Date: 2008-11-17 05:49:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Guillaume Lelarge,

Thanks for the comments.

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>
>> [...]
>> Please find the patch for "CREATE DATABASE" with COLLATE, CTYPE &
>> CONNECTION LIMIT.
>>

> Some comments :
> * the new properties are not displayed in the Properties tab.

If you want, I can make it visible for all the version of PostgreSQL and
make it disabled for not supported version of PostgreSQL.
* COLLATE & CTYPE should visible for PostgreSQL 8.4.
* CONNECTION LIMIT should be visible for PostgreSQL 8.1 & later.
(I may forget to ask you to use embed-xrc.bat on windows. :( )
If not, I will have to look into the patch. :(
> * the Comment field is really too small; you should make the dialog
> bigger.

Will do.
> * CTYPE is not recognized by the syntax highlighting handler (it
> appears in black).
Oh.. I missed out.
> And a question: why do you limit the connection limit to 1000?

Nobody asked to me to limit it to 1000.
For sack of it, I have done it, actully I was looking for input from you
all.
What do you say?

Thanks for reviewing the patch.
Will send the updated patch as soon as possible.

Regards,
Ashesh