Re: Topics of interest

From: Dave Youatt <dave(at)fyreball(dot)com>
To: seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Topics of interest
Date: 2008-11-13 01:10:55
Lists: seapug

Yes to all of those.

What do you think about:

* porting from Oracle
* Slony-I
* pgpool-II

??

Also would love to understand better the changes in 8.x and 8.3 for the
new heap-oriented tables. We saw some surprising speedups by setting
the FILLFACTOR to less than 100 (the default) w/8.3.3 for frequently
updated tables.

And would love to better understand the pg shared buffer cache, new 8.3
bgwriter, and how to assess memory use, and which config knobs and
buttons do what.