Re: See postgre tables from PHP code

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Félix Sánchez Rodríguez <fesanch(at)ciego(dot)cult(dot)cu>
Cc: PostgreSQLPHP <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: See postgre tables from PHP code
Date: 2008-11-12 09:34:31
Lists: pgsql-php
On 10/11/2008 04:04, Félix Sánchez Rodríguez wrote:

> Beside, I opened my PostgreSQL interface, called pgAdmin and run the
> same query inside the ATM database and the error was the same: "relation
> 'usuarios' was not found". It's like something else was needed to access
> the DB tables.

Did you by any chance create the tables from pgAdmin and use mixed-case
names?

PostgreSQL by default will fold names to lower-case unless you put
double-quotes around them, so e.g. "Usarios" is a different table from
"usarios".

When creating a table from pgAdmin, if you mix upper- and lower-case in
a table name then pgAdmin double-quotes the names to preserve the case;
and if you then SELECT from the table without double-quoting the name,
Postgres fold the names to lower-case and then can't find the table.

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie