Re: autovacuum and reloptions

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum and reloptions
Date: 2008-11-11 13:13:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro escreveu:

[Sorry for the delay. I'm preparing the final patch and in a day or so
I'll post it.]

> I have a comment about reloptions of autovacuum parameters:
> I'd like to have an easier way to extract individual parameters.
>
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
>>> What did I already do? I refactored reloptions.c to support multiple
>>> options. I tried to follow up the same way GUC do (of course, it is much
>>> simpler). I'm thinking about removing (replacing?) StdRdOptions 'cause
>>> we need a different struct to store reloptions. Suggestions?
>> Interesting.
>
> We store reloptions as an array of 'key=value' text, but there is
> no official way to read each parameter. I always create an user
> defined function to extract fillfactors, but it would be better
> if we have a standard method to do that.

We will have an official function (getRelOptions()?) to extract the
reloption (autovacuum) parameters because we need to transform
pg_autovacuum catalog table in a view to maintain backward compatibility.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/