Re: Re: Pg/PLSQL Errors!!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: SL Baur <steve(at)beopen(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Pg/PLSQL Errors!!
Date: 2000-05-31 05:58:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

SL Baur <steve(at)beopen(dot)com> writes:
>> Uh, did you run the "createlang" script to install plpgsql into your
>> database? It's not installed by default ...

> Why isn't it installed by default? Just asking.

Paranoia, mostly --- we weren't sure we wanted it to be enabled
without an explicit decision by the dbadmin. I'm not sure I can
point to any compelling reasons why it'd be dangerous, but on the
other side it's not proven to be totally safe either.

pltcl and plperl don't get installed by default either, and those
I definitely wouldn't agree to enabling by default... they don't
have enough track record. plpgsql is more of a borderline call.