Re: SQL5 budget

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL5 budget
Date: 2008-11-10 20:13:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chris Browne wrote:
> jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com ("Jonah H. Harris") writes:
>> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> wrote:
>>> I think you're barking up the wrong tree here; the community can't really do
>>> hacking for hire. If you want to pay for something to be implemented (which
>>> is great!), you'll need to talk to companies that do Postgres consulting.
>>> You can find examples on the website and through google. You could also try
>>> posting to pgsql-jobs.
>> I would suggest submitting it to pgsql-jobs.
>
> Except that it's not a job offer - it's more of a "solicitation for
> implementation of something," so I'm not sure that's the right place
> either.

No, but that's where the right people would see it.

Realistically, this means most likely contracting with 2nd Quadrant,
Command Prompt or Peter Eisentraut.

However, keep in mind that no hacker can guarentee you that any patch
will be accepted, even one based on the SQL standard.

BTW, why do you want these features?

--Josh