Re: Transactions and temp tables

From: Emmanuel Cecchet <manu(at)frogthinker(dot)org>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transactions and temp tables
Date: 2008-11-07 23:19:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

As I have not found yet an elegant solution to deal with the DROP
CASCADE issue, here is a simpler patch that handles temp tables that are
dropped at commit time. This is a good first step and we will try to
elaborate further to support ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS.
I have also added a compilation of the tests I have even if some are not
really relevant anymore without the support for empty temp tables but we
will probably reuse them later.

Thanks in advance for the feedback,
Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Cecchet
FTO @ Frog Thinker

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch-2pc-temp-table-8.4v3.txt text/plain 7.4 KB
patch-2pc-regression-test-suite-8.4v3.txt text/plain 31.0 KB