Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Date: 2008-11-05 06:34:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Brendan Jurd wrote:
> The changes to the documentation all look good. I did notice one
> final typo that I think was introduced in the latest version.
> doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml:2270 has "Nonstandardrd" instead of
> "Nonstandard".

Just checked in a fix to that one; and updated my website at
http://0ape.com/postgres_interval_patches/
and pushed it to my (hopefully fixed now) git server.

If this'll be the final update to this patch should I be
posting it to the mailing list too for the archives?

> But, apart from that I have no further feedback.
> I will sign off on this one and mark it "Ready for committer" in the commitfest.

Cool. I'm not sure if anyone still wants to weigh in on the
approach I took for mixed-sign intervals, where '-1 2:03:04'
gets interpreted differently depending on the date style,
and '-1 +2:03:04' and '-1 -2:03:04' are the way I'm using
to disambiguate them.

> Review of the other two patches coming soon to a mail client near you.

Feel free to do them one-at-a-time too; since no doubt any issues
with the first one will probably affect the second one too.

I think I updated the other patches for the missing whitespace
style issues my first patch had; but no doubt there could be
other bad habits I have as well.

Ron