Binary transfer patches - again

From: Mikko Tiihonen <mikko(dot)tiihonen(at)nitorcreations(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Binary transfer patches - again
Date: 2008-11-03 14:58:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Just to let you know that I've started again working on the binary transfer
patch set. And sorry that is has been almost a year long silence from me.

The patch is available at:
http://mokki.dyndns.org/~mtiihone/postgresql/binarytransfer/binaryTransfer-v9.patch

Current changelog:

v9
- rebased on latest CVS
- fixed binary related bugs in SimpleParameterList OUT parameter handling
- split binary transferable oids to separate receive and send sets
- "org.postgresql.forcebinary" system property can be used to force binary
   transfers on for all queries. This is for testing only. The actual testing
   code was created by Kris Jurka.
- made test code read build.local.properties for settings

My new employer is happy to pay for some hours now and then that I put into this
project so I'm hopefull that this time I will have enough time to push the
changes into the project.

Anyway what to do:
- Kris: please go through the patches carefully and reaise any small or big
concerns you still have
- Others: please test your applications with this patch and even add the
   -Dorg.postgresql.forcebinary=true, which forces even all non-prepared queries
   to be run with the binary transfer

-Mikko Tiihonen

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: alebuDate: 2008-11-03 15:33:08